Which cap / comic should I do first?

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Introduction and apologies

So allow me to apologize in advance, as this blog is probably going to piss a great many people of. I'm making this blog to place all my favorite (i.e. The Best) TG caps in one place. I'm taking the caps of numerous authors and spreading it here.

Many blog owners make it hard to access the work quickly by making you click through to the post and then on the picture again with the weak rationale it helps to track views. Other caps are hosted on the haven or tf-media etc. There is no centralized place, and the owner of tf-media refused requests and assistance to help make that.

I've been reading caps for the last 10 years and it's amazing how far the community has come, from crappy geocities web pages and yahoo groups to high quality work on Blogspot. It's annoying there is no central place to host them. I'm going to change that. I'm doing this because I think it will be appreciated more than it will be hated.

I have no problem with piracy as I truly believe "information wants to be free" at least in the context of IP nonsense. It can only benefit society. I will give attribution and link back to blogs, which I feel is acceptable, and am also open to suggestion.

So this will be a collection of my favorite caps, perhaps in time I will start capping as well.

For now, enjoy.

2 comments:

  1. (Sorry if this ends up being a double post, blogger crashed when I hit publish the first time)

    Hey there, cap creator here. I actually have no problem with what you're doing here. You've stated that you're showing of work done by other authors, plus I put my name on every caption I've made so I'm perfectly fine with you uploading your favorites here. The only suggestion I have is that you've made it difficult to find where you're pulling these captions from since your favorite blog list is hidden behind a button that only appears when you pass the cursor over the right side of the screen. I get that it's a pain in the ass to link back to the original blog for every post, so I think if you just made the blog list a little more prominent both your readers and the cap authors would appreciate it.

    Overall though I think this site is a good idea. As long as you're giving proper credit to the creators I can't see why any of them would complain about their work being seen by more people. Good luck with the site and I'm flattered that you consider quite a few of my captions to be among the best you've read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rauk,

    Thanks, I'm a big fan of your caps :)

    I agree completely. I'm actually just going through and uploading the files I have saved. I don't know why the face blog list isn't showing but will make that more prominent, and will tag caps with their creator. some I have are more obscure and I've had them for a while and odn't know where they came from, but will credit all the ones I know of. Just been busy, but rest assured it's a work in progress :)

    ReplyDelete